Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Bicycles in the area....quick question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Bicycles in the area....quick question

    i live in BSG

    wanting to buy a bike but i was told that you are no longer allowed to ride a bike on the sidewalk in town, or on the greenbelt.

    Any of you resident folks know for sure?

    defeats the purpose of riding if you ask me, i particulary dont want to ride in the middle of traffic

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bicycles in the area....quick question

    No bikes on the sidewalks, and you can't cross major streets - or something like that (the last I heard a few weeks ago). It's fairly restrictive - I agree.

    I'm not sure about the greenbelt - it may be posted on signs at the park entrance.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bicycles in the area....quick question

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and you can't cross major streets - or something like that (the last I heard a few weeks ago). It's fairly restrictive - I agree.
    </div></div>

    Please elaborate....
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bicycles in the area....quick question

    This was a convo I didn't really "get into" so I dont have that great of a memory of it, but they have some restriction that bicycles can ride on backroads but not major roads (such as shawnee avenue), and bikes cant cross paths with those major roads...
    Wish I could find the ordinance in writing to clarify my memory of it...
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bicycles in the area....quick question

    That's about the biggest load of bull [censored] I've ever heard.

    Only in Big Stone I guess... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Bicycles in the area....quick question

    I wonder if you can CARRY YOUR BICYCLE across those "major streets," then hop back on when you tread into "minor street" territory. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •